Elementary Spanish Position at the Covenant School
- June 19, 2019
- Posted by: Allison Carneiro
- Category: Career Opportunities in World Languages
The Covenant School is looking for a Spanish teacher for students in grades pre-K through 5. The ideal candidate will be passionate about teaching Spanish in a Christian environment. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Spanish as well as an education degree are preferred. Experience teaching elementary level Spanish is also preferred. The ideal candidate would be familiar with the Total Physical Response Storytelling (TPRS) approach and comfortable working with puppets. Flexibility and creativity would be necessities as well. Creating and fostering an engaging and positive culture in the classroom is essential.
This person is responsible for:
• Designing lessons using the Understanding by Design (UbD) model
• Differentiating lessons to meet the needs of all students
• Performing duties such as lunchroom, hall monitoring, and playground
• Performing other related duties as directed by the Head of Lower School
• Participating in professional development
• Fostering a classroom environment that promotes joy in learning and love of others
Qualified candidates will have: a commitment to Covenant’s Christian principles; experience working with students; a genuine caring attitude towards students; the ability to communicate clearly and establish effective working relationships with students, parents, teachers, and staff; and the ability to be flexible working with various levels of students, subjects, and teaching methodologies. The person must also be comfortable sharing his/her faith with students.
Interested Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Dr. Gaffney (email@example.com), Head of Lower School, 1000 Birdwood Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903.