22 Mar GWATFL Spring Conference
The Greater Washington Association of Teachers of Foreign Languages (GWATFL) Spring Conference in partnership with The National Cathedral School in Washington, D.C., is approaching! We are eager to share with you the latest updates. Mark your calendar, April 28th, 2018 from 9AM to 2 PM.
Keynote Speaker: John De Mado
From Mastery to Proficiency: Shifting from the Chromatic Scale to Jazz.
Click here to learn more!
WHAT: GWATFL Spring Immersion Day Conference 2018
WHERE: National Cathedral School – Hearst Building. 3612 Woodley Rd NW, Washington, DC 20016
WHEN: Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 9 to 2 pm.
WHO: Organized by GWATFL, hosted by the World Languages Department of National Cathedral School.
Register for the Spring Conference here. Discounted early online registration ends March 30th, 2018.
Program: The conference program is now available here. Start planning your schedule to make the most of your time!
Visit the GWATFL Spring Conference page to read the descriptions of some of the exciting sessions below:
- Let’s Talk! Useful Ways to Engage Your Students in Authentic Conversations
- Making Culture Meaningful and Promoting Intercultural Communication
- Blended Learning and Technology in the World Language Classroom
- #BookSnaps & Bitmojis – Social Media in the WL Classroom
- Let technology bring up the self- actualization, engagement, and collaboration in class
- Comprehensible Input
- Sketch notes, Scribble Stories, and Drawing for Language
- The Unspoken Communicative Contract: Target Language BullseyeProficiency
- Teaching with Whole Class Novels
- Plan it, Play it…Plick it!
- Making Technology Work for your Immersion Class- Google Apps
- Evolving from Editor to Applied Linguist Our Professional Odyssey
- Using a Progression Framework to Assess Proficiency and Evaluate Student Growth
- Keep them Talking in the Target Language, the RLRA way!
- National Spanish Examinations
- El pensamiento creativo y sus aplicaciones prácticas
- Languages: Hands-On Advocacy in the Classroom
Please join us in congratulating Dr. Annette Ivory Dunzo and Dr. Wendy McBurney, Best of GWATFL- Fall, 2017; Ms. Sheena Jordan, GWATFL Teacher of the year 2017; and Dr. Celia Zamora awarded with the 2018 NECTFL Mead Leadership Fellow Program. They were recognized at the NECTFL Awards Ceremony in New York during their annual conference. For more information about their awards please check the GWATFL news on our website.
Visit us at www.gwatfldc.org. Please pass this information to fellow language educators and invite them to attend.
We hope to see you at the Spring GWATFL Conference!