09 Dec VCU French Instructor (PT) Fall/Spring 2022
Posted at 13:51h in Career Opportunities in World Languages 0 Comments
The Virginia Commonwealth University College of Humanities and Sciences is recruiting adjunct faculty for the Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 semesters within the French Program of the School of World Studies. The program is specifically looking for one or more instructors to teach introductory French courses. Your application will remain active for a year; you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NOTE: This is a part-time, non-benefited faculty position. Adjunct contracts are for one semester.
Position duties include:
- Instruct students in French classes.
- Meet all designated course instruction guidelines, including course preparation, assessments, grading, records management and submission of the course syllabus.
- Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on instructions/rubric provided.
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
- Submit final grades according to College/Department policy. Course description for Spring 2022:FREN 101 Beginning French I Semester course; 3 lecture hours. 3 credits. Enrollment requires any student with previous exposure to French to take the placement test to determine eligibility. For students with no prior knowledge of French. Beginning grammar, reading, writing and oral skills. NOTE: For Spring 2022 this course is scheduled MWF 2:00-2:50pm in person and on campus.
We may have additional needs for other courses, both in person and online for Spring 2022 or Fall 2022.
Salary Range:$1,200 per credit hour. (Most courses are 3 credits)
Department: School of World StudiesEmployment Type: Adjunct Restricted Status: No FTE: Varies Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum education: Must have at least a Masters (or comparable) degree, preferably in French or the teaching of French)
Contact Name: Dacia Shamblin
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 804-484-2942
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.