09 Jun PBLL Summer Institute 26-30 July
If you are a world language teacher interested in project-based language learning (PBLL), we invite you to join our live, in-person PBLL Summer Institute, 26-30 July, 2021 at the Monroe Park campus of Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA!
Information about the Summer Institute can be found here:
The application form (also linked on the page above) is here:
A few facts:
- Application and admission are on a rolling basis. We will accept applications until we have accepted a full complement of qualified applicants to the Institute.
- Teachers from the RVA area are exempt from the pre-qualification requirement of being badged in our Envisioning PBLL MOOC; teachers from areas beyond RVA should have at least some background in PBL.
- This year’s Institute will be co-facilitated by Stephen Tschudi of the University of Hawai‘i and Prof. Megan Ferry of Union College, Schenectady, NY.
- Participants will work on elaborating one specific project design. The Institute daily schedule will extend from 9am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday, so RVA teachers have the option of commuting.
- This year’s organization of the Institute has been somewhat complicated by restrictions associated with the slow shift back to live events. We’re still finalizing information on specific arrangements at VCU.
- There is no tuition charged for the Institute, just a $100 registration fee that enables us to fund our coffee breaks and a few other small items that we are not allowed to spend grant funds on.
- You are responsible for your own food, lodging, and transportation. There are many hotels and other lodging options close by VCU, as well as oodles of eateries.
- We will make an evening excursion to the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, a world-class museum famed for its collection of Fabergé eggs.
Get back in the swing of things by joining us at the Institute! We look forward to meeting you!