23 Mar Envisioning PBLL online – Sign up today!
Aloha! The National Foreign Language Resource Center (NFLRC) is pleased to make an additional offering of our Envisioning PBLL online course. Sign up today!
Envisioning Project-Based Language Learning (PBLL)
April 5 – May 7, 2021
Registration deadline: April 1, 2021
Envisioning Project-Based Language Learning (PBLL) is designed as a 5-week open-enrollment course for language educators beginning to learn about Project-Based Language Learning (PBLL). Successful learners will be able to describe essential features of high quality PBLL and to generate high-quality ideas for projects using the Product Square. Registration and the content for this MOOC (massive open online course) is FREE. However, if you wish to earn the optional digital badge for completion afterwards, you will need to meet the badge criteria and pay a nominal fee ($25) to have your submitted materials evaluated by NFLRC staff.
The following is a selection of targeted learning outcomes for the MOOC:
- identify essential features of high quality project-based learning (PBL) project designs
- identify key concerns of project-based language learning PBLL compared to PBL in other disciplines
- describe sources for project ideas
- identify the three dimensions of “authenticity” in projects
- craft an effective “driving question” (challenging question or problem)
- generate multiple project ideas and test them using the Product Square, aligning product, audience, partners, and purpose
- anticipate “Need-To-Knows” for a project’s content, skills, and management
Instruction spans five modules, for an equivalent of five hours’ contact time (or one-half CEU). As you progress through five topics, you will view videos, answer comprehension questions, and engage in asynchronous discussion, observing suggested due dates. There are also three assignments to submit, one each in Weeks 3, 4, and 5.
Register today: http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/events/view/126/