01 May French Position at VA Boarding School – Seeking Instructor
Posted at 14:50h in Career Opportunities in World Languages 0 Comments
We have a full-time French position at Virginia Episcopal School (VES) here in Lynchburg, VA. VES is a boarding school (9-12 grades) although 30% of our students also come from the Lynchburg area.Salary is based on years of experience and includes housing, utilities, all meals while school is in session, and the employee’s health insurance is paid for. VES has great professional development funds as well as other opportunities to help fund advanced degree work. VES accepts teachers without certification. VES does not have SOL testing, although we do look for teachers with educational experience and a background in the latest pedagogical practices. This position would include the following responsibilities to be considered full-time:
- One section of French I (typical class is between 8 and 12 students)
- Two sections of French III (typical class is between 8 and 12 students)
- One section of AP French (typical class is between 8 and 12 students)
- One evening of “Duty” (we can explain that in our initial phone interview)
- Two out of three seasons engaged in something in the afternoons with our students (Drama, Art, Athletic Teams. Timer, Driver, Robotics, etc)Please contact Jenny Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.