Amazing Opportunities for World Language Educators
- July 10, 2019
- Posted by: Allison Carneiro
- Category: President's Communications
Hope you had an enjoyable Fourth of July holiday weekend and that you are relaxing and pampering yourselves a bit during these hot summer days!
Just three quick, but important reminders for you:
1. If you would like some innovative ideas for instruction, the fall FLAVA conference is October 3-5, 2019 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Williamsburg. FLAVA is excited to feature Akash Patel as our guest speaker.
The deadline for early bird registration is September 15, 2019.
The link to register is here. Please remember that if you have an existing user account for the FLAVA website, you must login to successfully register with the account’s email address.
2. The Spanish Embassy graciously has agreed to award one of our members with a scholarship to study abroad in Spain for the summer of 2020. Here is the link to learn more about the programs available for 2019. The actual opportunities for 2020 have not been posted at this time.
If you are interested in applying to be FLAVA’s recipient of this scholarship, please fill out this form by July 15, 2019. The selection committee will notify the winner by September 1, 2019. It is an expectation that the recipient will attend the FLAVA fall conference in Williamsburg to receive this award from the Spanish Embassy.
3. FLAVA has launched a new program to encourage our World Language students to follow in our footsteps and become World Language Teachers! Please see the attached flyers and nominating form for all of the details of the program and be thinking of nominees from your classrooms that can fill these spots! We need World Language educators and hope to use this program to encourage language students to move into this profession.
Thank you again for all you do to support World Languages in Virginia and we hope that you will take advantage of these amazing opportunities!
President, Foreign Language Association of Virginia