23 May Dual Immersion French Teacher Sought in Chesterfield
Chesterfield County Public Schools: http://mychesterfieldschools.com/apply-at-ccps/
Teacher World Language – Dual Immersion (French)
Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific VDOE Foreign Language standards, the ACTFL framework and objectives established by CCPS. Teaches elementary content in two languages and integrate the teaching of content area. Has fluency in target language required (both written and spoken). Integrates classroom content into daily lesson plans. Assists students in learning knowledge and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens. Exposes and engages students with specified world language literature, history and culture of the target language. Provides instruction in speaking, reading, writing and understanding the world language, as well as other content areas using the target language 100% of the time. Is familiar with or is willing to acquire knowledge of language immersion models and curriculum. Integrates students’ use of technology as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans and delivers world language curriculum content to students.
- Plans, teaches and assesses.
- Assesses student learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
- Uses the elementary curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities using the target language
- Maintains order within the classroom setting in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management.
- Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
- Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
- Communicates regularly with parents.
- Ensures compliance with existing applicable federal and state statutes and local policies, regulations and guidelines related to public schools.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional PBL activities
- Engages in the planning and delivery of language specific district events throughout the school year
- Participates in district professional development and curriculum design
- Promotes authentic student experiences by engaging with school partnerships abroad
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Must hold or be eligibility for Virginia Teaching license in French.
For more information on the application process and to apply online, please visit: http://mychesterfieldschools.com/apply-at-ccps/