President’s Message – 5 Important Announcements
- April 6, 2018
- Posted by: Allison Carneiro
- Category: President's Communications
Hope each of you has enjoyed a spring break by now and is energized to complete another school year! Here are 5 important announcements for your consideration.
1.Sonia Brandon, who teaches French and Spanish at Fork Union Military Academy, is FLAVA’s recipient for the Spanish Embassy scholarship to study in Spain. We look forward to hearing about her experience at a future FLAVA conference.
2. FLAVA’s third Spring Mini-Conference, themed Language is MUCH More than TALK, will be held Saturday April 21, 2018 at the campus of Washington & Lee University in Lexington, VA.
Please use this form to register for the conference. https://flavaweb.org/conference/spring-2018-conference/spring-2018-conference-participant-registration/
Look at the conference program and create your schedule via SCHED. https://flavaspringconference2018.sched.com/
There is no deadline for registration. However, if you wish to have continental breakfast and a boxed lunch included as part of your registration package, you will need to register by 11:59 PM on April 8, 2018. If you register after this date, your registration will not include breakfast or lunch.
The regular cost of registration is $40. Full-time college student registration is also available for $20. We look forward to seeing you there!
3. The deadline for nominating colleagues and students for the many FLAVA awards is May 1st. Click here for the criteria and forms. https://flavaweb.org/awards/
4. The Fall Conference proposal acceptances will go out by May 1st. Registration for the Fall Conference will be available on May 1st. More details to come!
5. Shirley Hall, the FLAVA historian, is attempting to gather FLAVA materials from 2000-2018. If you have photos, Bulletins, old programs, etc. that you can share with her for scanning purposes, please contact her at email@example.com.
Wishing each of you a Happy Spring,
Sue Robertson, President, Foreign Language Association of Virginia