Letter from Sue Robertson — It’s Time
- March 8, 2018
- Posted by: Allison Carneiro
- Category: President's Communications
It has been nearly two months since I have taken office as president, and I would like to thank you for entrusting me with this leadership position. Without a doubt, this time period has been filled with work in your behalf with the help of a terrific executive board, advisory committee, vision team, and affiliate members. This body met this past Saturday and collaborated on the upcoming conferences, advocacy, mentoring, membership, and other initiatives. Please view the minutes from this meeting at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PuFj_KdFgpW_RdG2rgMVC5BtWbcq32msyJYWNN3hOJk/edit?usp=sharing
It’s now time for your help! It’s time to
- register for the Spring Conference at Washington & Lee University on April 21, 2018.
2. submit a proposal for the Fall Conference at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Williamsburg on October 4-6, 2081. The deadline is March 15th!
3. nominate a colleague or a college/university student for one of the many FLAVA awards. The deadline is May 1st! https://flavaweb.org/awards/
4. write your legislator about HB 443 again. Surely, none of us believe that computer coding should be substituted for learning a world language! This bill has moved to the full education committee hearing scheduled for this Thursday at 8:30 am.
Please take action TODAY, by writing/calling your Senators, especially if yours are part of the full Committee on Education and Health:
Please remember how important you are to FLAVA and to the young people you encounter on a daily basis!
Sue T. Robertson
President, Foreign Language Association of Virginia