Please think seriously about contributing your time to our organization. Any organization is only as good as its members - volunteer your time in making us an even greater organization.
Positions are open in the following areas:
- Professional Development Committee Chair: Work closely with the president in developing the workshop series, providing other meaningful professional development within FLAVA , and investigating other opportunities for professional development in the state and across the nation.
- Membership Committee Chair: Work closely with the president to create more interest and awareness in and increase membership of the Foreign Language Association of Virginia using a variety of methodologies.
- Awards Committee Chair : Work closely with the president, the board, and the membership in recognition of highly qualified and dedicated individuals who have provided outstanding service to FLAVA and the profession.
- Communications and Social Media Chair: Work closely with the president, board, and membership to ensure that lack of pertinent communications among all parties is never a pertinent issue. This individual must be knowledgeable of the various means of social media as well as standard and more formal means of communication.
- Advocacy Committee, Assistant to the Chair : This person will work closely with the Advocacy Committee Chair in professing the importance of world languages and communicating such to the membership and parties who have not yet been convinced of the importance of world languages and cultures and our profession.
- Web Editor: Work closely with the president, board, and membership to assist with the development and posting of content to the FLAVA website. Although there are no technical prerequisites (and you will be trained by FLAVA's webmaster), this individual should be comfortable working online, have strong communication skills and a keen interest for writing on the web.
- Conference Committee, Assistants to the Chair (4 positions): (As the conference continues to grow, so do our pleas for help from dedicated individuals who like to see the fruits of their hard work.) : Individuals selected for these positions will work closely with the Conference Committee Chair and will serve in various capacities which have been determined as necessary. These position titles might include Conference Promotion, Conference Proposals, Conference Program, Conference Registration, Conference Exhibitors, etc. Assignments will be done at the discretion of the Conference Committee Chair.
Those interested in volunteering for any of the positions above or nominating a colleague, please feel free to complete the form below: