2016 Award Nominations
It is time to nominate an individual or institution for recognition by the Foreign Language Association of Virginia! FLAVA is proud to offer several awards that recognize excellence in the field of foreign language education and advocacy. Some of these awards are for teachers, and others are for those members of the community who support educational programs in our schools. Others introduce preservice university students to FLAVA and offer them the opportunity to step into the wide world that is FLAVA. Please submit completed nomination forms by May 1, 2016.
- The David Cox FLAVA Award for Excellence in Foreign Language Teaching, K-12 -
This award recognizes a foreign language educator in grades K-12 who has demonstrated excellence in foreign language instruction and who may be forwarded as the FLAVA candidate to either the SCOLT or NECTFL Teacher of the Year (TOY) competition and perhaps eventually to the ACTFL TOY competition.
- The Marshall Brannon FLAVA Award for Excellence in Foreign Language Teaching, Post-Secondary - This award recognizes a post-secondary foreign language educator who has demonstrated excellence in foreign language instruction and who may be forwarded as the FLAVA candidate to either the SCOLT or NECTFL Teacher of the Year (TOY) competition and perhaps eventually to the ACTFL TOY competition.
- The Helen Warriner-Burke FLAVA Distinguished Service Award - This award recognizes foreign language educators in Virginia who have made outstanding contributions to the profession.
- The Friend of FLAVA Award - The Friend of FLAVA Award recognizes individuals and institutions that have made a significant contribution in building a strong foundation of support for foreign language education.
- FLAVA Virginia Tech Couture-Nowak & Bishop Awards
These awards honor the upcoming generation among whom we hope will come great future language educators. Each award constitutes a 1-year FLAVA membership and registration for that year’s conference.
- University Student Recognition - FLAVA will honor up to five post-secondary language students who exemplify a keen interest in language .
If you wish to make a nomination for one of these awards, please contact Michelle Martin email@example.com .
The forms for all awards are here: